How do you know if you have mold in your home?
Mold is a type of fungus that thrives on moisture and rapidly multiplies in damp environments that is made up of harmful yeast and bacteria. It could potentially be growing in your bathroom, kitchen or basement as you are reading this blog post.
How do you know if you have a mold infestation? Take a look at these sure signs:
The appearance of mold
This one is self-explanatory. However, mold does not always appear the same way. It can take different shapes and be different colors so you must be aware of what to look for. Thankfully, there is an abundance of information readily available on the internet that would indicate whether or not what you’re seeing is indeed mold.
Some people are especially sensitive to molds while others experience no symptoms at all. Symptoms mold may include: coughing or wheezing, sore throat, stuffy nose, irritated eyes and even irritated skin in some cases. It is important to note that extensive mold growths may be toxic. If you come in contact with one, it is advised that you wear a mask (to avoid breathing in the spores), wear gloves and wash your hands immediately afterward.
A musty odor
Often, a damp, musty smell is this first sign that mold may be growing in your home. It is an unpleasant smell that will make your family and guests wrinkle their noses. It is to your advantage to sniff it out early on and remove it. This will improve the air quality in your home and significantly lessen the health hazards that mold presents to both your family and your pets.
There is a simple and effective fix that will eliminate mold from your home and take the musty odor with it. This fix is Ozone technology.
Permanent Odor Removal!
Ozone is a powerful sterilizer that naturally kills mold and mildew, along with germs, bacteria, and viruses, for a healthier living environment. This is done with a machine called an ozone generator. This machine takes in the oxygen we breath and turns it into ozone, which is a naturally occurring phenomenon in nature. Ozone bonds with odor-causing molecules through oxidation, leaving only oxygen behind. The mold will have died off, and you will no longer notice that unpleasant musty odor. Ozone treatments are a natural, eco-friendly and safe method of ridding your home of mold and musty odors.